As foster care teens enter adulthood, obstacles mount, report finds
Teenagers transitioning from foster care to adulthood face obstacles that leave them trailing their peers in education, employment, housing and early parenthood, according to a report that for the first time gathers foster care data from all 50 states.
December 12, 2018
We Connect Young Adults and Other High Risk Youth
We connect young adults and other high risk youth that are leaving foster care. We give them the information, resources, and support that they need to successfully transition to adulthood.
Secure a Place to Live
Balance a Budget
What is Journey to Adult Success?
We are committed to collaborating with our community to provide strong support systems to young adults in need of help.
- Approximately 50% of former foster youth will be homeless within the first one to three years after exiting foster care
- 60% of female former foster youth will become pregnant within the first two years after exiting foster care
- Nearly 60% of youth leaving foster care are unemployed
- Over 33% of former foster youth receive public assistance
- Nearly 80% of former foster youth have been or are involved with the criminal justice system
Funded in Part by Donations/Grants from...
Safe, stable, and affordable housing with an on-site resident assistant.
Improve fiscal literacy skills to manage their budgets and achieve their long-term financial goals.
Support and direction to obtain and retain steady employment.
Resources and guidance to obtain an education and training to prepare them for a stable future.
A lifetime connection with reliable adults and supportive family networks.